Sunday, March 25

You Blame Obama I Blame the 99

Almost every day, you can hear someone blame President Obama for something if they are not blaming Obama; it’s the Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Wall Street, Greedy Bankers etc.

I have come to the realization they are not to blame. I am! It is me and the 99% that are to blame. We look to government to solve all of our problems, we expect government to help the poor and heal the sick. We expect all the banks, store and other businesses to give us their best for less than they do. We’re looking for that free lunch.

First let us look at what the function of government should be. The most important role of our government should be to provide for the common defense of it’s citizens. This would cover the national defense thru the military and local defense by keeping law and order and of course the courts where we can correct the wrongs that are committed against us. Somehow our Federal government has gone way beyond this and into meddling.

But where does it start. That greedy banker and the crooked politician were once little babies to young and innocent to even think about cheating us out of what should be ours. Where did they go wrong? Who taught them to be the way they are? We did! Not you and I per say, but those just like us, the 99%.

In Matthew 22:37 – 39 it says “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” This scripture says it all. You may have to read deeper into this but it shows where we have failed not the government, not the businessmen but us the everyday person. You! Your Husband/Wife! Your Children! Your Neighbor! Your Preacher! Your Teachers etc., have all failed.

As I was out driving today I saw the first evidence of this problem. I was switching from one freeway to another. While trying to go from the first off-ramp to the next segment of highway I met resistance. I turned on my right turn signal in order that other drives would see my intention to move over one lane so I could get to the next off ramp. I drove approximately 1/2 mile trying to change lanes. No one would let me over. So what is the problem? If they had their turn signal on they would have wanted me to let them over. Being the bad driver I am I finally forced my way over to keep from missing the exit and having to drive another mile just to turn around at the next exit. Other than my ill-advised choice of forcing my way over what was wrong here? Was it that important for those cars to keep me out? Were they afraid that if they let me in losing two or three seconds of time would ruin their whole day. I think not. They have become like the crooked politician and greedy businessman. They had decided that they were more important and it just would not be right to let someone get ahead of them.

This is where I and the 99% fail. (When I say 99%, I do not mean the 99% that are not on Wall Street but the 99% that consciously or unconsciously place themselves first.) When was the last time you purposely let someone over in traffic? The last time you sent money to a charity (other than your church)? Have you ever donated to an Orphanage? A homeless shelter? The Red Cross, donated Blood? Donated your time? Helped your neighbor with a project? Of course these are just an outward sign of the inward condition of our hearts. If you place yourself first you are also placing others second, and worse yet you are teaching your family/children and friends that this is the way we should be. If you placed others first by loving them as yourself it would start the change our world needs.

If we choose to serve others they would get the help they need. And as individuals we would be able to decide who should be helped. The person who is down and out or the person who is just to lazy to work for it. If we don’t entitle the lazy then maybe they will get up and do something about their conditions.

Best of all if we all teach our children the right way to behave then the next generation will have far less crooked politicians and greedy bankers to deal with.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 11:37:00 AM EDT , Blogger CJ said...

That spirit of blame is coming from a so called leader Who blames everyone else for America's problems, even the one's He is creating. Since I tend to get lost in lot's of words, I will consentrate on Your quote from Matthew, & just say, LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home